Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Girl Who Can Grill

Time-saver turkey patties


Grill master



Basil from my garden- topped the tomatoes



I've been grilling out more this summer than I ever have before. My husband typically handles the grilling, but with the new baby and his work schedule, I've learned to love what the grill has to offer when preparing a meal in a hurry. Why was I so intimidated for all these years?? Most of tonight's dinner was cooked on the grill... all with great results.

The Menu:

Turkey Burgers (for a time-saver, I love the Jenny-O premade patties. I season them before grilling to make them even tastier.)


Fresh Grilled Corn

Steamed Broccoli with Lemon Juice

Grilled Roma Tomatoes topped with Garden Grown Basil


Green Salad with Feta Cheese

This meal took about 35 minutes to prepare, from start to sitting down to eat. Benefit of grilling- less dishes to clean!

Menu highlight: Grilled Corn

I've read a lot of recipes for grilling corn. Most suggest cooking the corn in the husk. I never had good luck with my corn turning out with that method. Instead, I shuck the corn and wrap each ear in aluminum foil. I add a pat of butter and a sprinkle of kosher salt and pepper before wrapping. We throw those on the grill and rotate every so often. They are best when cooked for about 25 minutes. Simple, tender, juicy and the perfect summer side dish!


This meal comes in around $12 to feed all three of is.

No comments:

Post a Comment