Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dinner on the Grill- Easy Salmon

Ready to Grill!






Seems like every time we've had a storm lately, I've grilled up a meal with this salmon as the main course. My godmomma gave this salmon recipe to my mom and she gave it to me... but to be cooked in the oven. We lost power the night I was first planning on making this, so I had to use the grill instead. The results were great, so I've just continued to grill it. You will not believe how easy and delicious it is!!




On the menu:


Grilled (or oven-baked if you prefer) Salmon


Grilled Vegetables


Pasta Tubes with Fresh Herbs


Green Salad




The salmon: Top salmon with mayonnaise and liberally sprinkle with Montreal Seasoning. That's it! I've used regular mayo and it's certainly tastier than low fat, but low fat works just fine and is what I typically use. You can cook the salmon in a dish at 400 for 20 minutes, or grill for about 20 minutes at the same temperature. I use skin on salmon for the grill and I place it on a piece of aluminum foil for grilling. Easy clean up, bonus!




We all hear about the health benefits of Omega-3's and you get a lot with salmon. Salmon has a ton of other benefits as well... especially for pregnant and nursing moms. I'm trying to make it more of a regular part of our diet even though it's not my most favorite fish and I'm still getting over some of my intimidation about cooking fish. This recipe is an easy way to start adding more salmon into your diet. Try it!

1 comment:

  1. Here is a tasty marinade for salmon-or tuna:

    1/2 cup tamari (low sodium)
    1/2 cup oj
    1/2 tsp minced garlic
    1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
    dash of tabasco

    Marinate at least one hour before grilling.

    This came from a friend in the Pacific NW who fixes a lot of salmon.

    ReplyDelete